Check out our Posts for the latest info.
Elgin Street Public School is an elementary school (grades JK to 6) located in Centretown in Ottawa, Ontario. The school’s parent council is an association of parents and community members dedicated to supporting students and staff at the school by providing financial support and volunteer time for activities that enrich the learning experience for everyone.
The parent council is elected at the start of the new school year in September and serves until the following September. Members of the 2016-2017 parent council include:
- Co-chairs: Tara Hogeterp and Natalie Lyle
- Treasurer: Erik Husband
- Secretary: Marie-Josée Tremblay
- Fundraising chair: (Vacant)
- OCASC rep: Malaka Hendela
- Community reps: Jim Costello and Heather Lindsay
- Additional parent members: Andre Bernier, Michael Cameron, Eddie Jun, Diana Mills, Angeleen Nayak, Jerry Ritt, Sacha Sing, Matthew Vincelli, Pina Vito,
- Principal: Mark Cruise
Click here to read the parent council constitution. Archived meeting minutes are available on the Parent Council Meetings page. You can also read the 2014-2015 school council annual report (submitted to the OCDSB).
The parent council meets monthly (excluding July and August) from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Free child care is available on-site. You can contact the parent council at: info @ elginparentcouncil . org