This page is from last year. It will be updated soon!
In the meantime, check out our movie night!
Elgin Street Public School is an elementary school (grades JK to 6) located in Centretown in Ottawa, Ontario. The school’s parent council is an association of parents and community members dedicated to supporting students and staff at the school by providing financial support and volunteer time for activities that enrich the learning experience for everyone.
View our 2015-2016 calendar of events here.
The parent council is elected at the start of the new school year in September and serves until the following September. Members of the 2015-2016 parent council include:
- Co-chairs: Randy Reynoso and Shaun Simms
- Treasurer: Erik Husband and Sarah Landry
- Secretary: Marie-Josee Tremblay
- Fundraising co-chairs: Sacha Singh and Catherine Pacella
- OCASC rep: Tijen Karatas and Jennifer Simms
- Community reps: Heather Lindsay and Jim Costello
- Additional parent members: Diana Mills, Carmen Rupp, Moya Crangle, Angeleen Nayak, Alexandra Leonard.
- Principal: Laura Frappier (note: the principal is a non-voting member)
Click here to read the parent council constitution (updated in June 2013). Archived meeting minutes are available on the Parent Council Meetings page. You can also read the the 2014-2015 school council annual report (submitted to the OCDSB).
The parent council meets monthly (excluding July and August) from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Free child care is available on-site. You can contact the parent council at: info @ elginparentcouncil . org